So here are my official 30 Day Shred before and after photos! As you can see from the dates it took me a little longer than 30 days to complete the full program (I actually finished on the 20th but am just now getting around to taking pictures), but I’m proud of the progress I’ve made so far! My starting weight was 181.2lbs, and as of this morning I weighed 170.9lbs. Just as a reminder, I’m 5’6.
What I learned (or things I wish I knew before I started):
- Not everyone will see dramatic results after the first week, so don’t compare your progress to other pictures you see online or beat yourself up if you don’t see the changes you want right away.
- When a particular exercise seems too hard to do in a circuit, don’t give up. Challenge yourself to just do one more rep each time you do the exercise, and you’ll be amazed at where you’ll end up by the end of the level.
- Push. It’ll be over before you know it and it will be worth it.
- If your body already gets used to a level before the 10 days, do some extra exercise after the shred (running, jump rope, other workout videos, etc.)
- When discouragement comes knocking on your door, don’t just let it in for a visit. Shut the door in its face and lock it. And if it still happens to find its way in, scare it away by reminding it just how much you are capable of.
- It’s okay to take a day or two off. It’s okay. It doesn’t mean you’ve failed the program. It just means you are doing what is best for your mind and your body and that’s really what this is all about.
Good luck to everyone who is still working to complete the program! You all are doing great, and I can’t wait to see all that you will accomplish. :)